Samuel De Wilde

1751-1832

Almshouses Originally Established by the Tilney Family

Ref: 1614

Inscribed extensively (verso): Built for the maintenance of old women and old men each person to have an allowance of three shillings six pence a week three loads of timber out of the coppice (wood) & a new gown on St Thomas's day yearly/This institution was intended for six decayed servants of the Tilney family - this information was received from Mr Clark, the looker (overseer) of the farm

Wash over pen and ink, 13.5 by 24 cm

 

£750Enquire

 

RECENT STOCK

Sir George Clausen
Farm Buildings, Spring Morning

Sir William Orpen
The Skeleton Man

John Nash
An Aspidistra Plant

Anthony Devis
Studies of Sheep